It’s that time again. I can’t believe it has been a year since we had The Crafter’s Workshop first-ever Design Team Call. Our team has been fabulous to work with and has inspired us all year long, but it’s time for a new Design Team call to seek out fresh new talent to join us.
Our templates and stencils work fabulously with all art styles and with a wide variety of mediums, so we are looking for dedicated design team members that work well with deadlines, direction and have a creative spirit to best showcase The Crafter’s Workshop products. Read below for all the details.
DEADLINE is March 25, 2015 11:59 pm EST. Please read carefully.
The Crafter’s Workshop Design Team Application
We are a family-owned, independent manufacturer & distributor of some very cool templates and stencils and we are looking for new design team members to promote our amazing products. If you’d like to be part of one of the most creative and versatile design teams out there, this call is for you!!!
As a design team member for The Crafter’s Workshop (TCW), you will serve a 12-month term beginning 5/1/2015.
As a part of the The Crafter’s Workshop Design Team you will receive…
- A variety of The Crafter’s Workshop products and advance releases of new TCW products when applicable
- Endorsement fees for published layouts
- Amazing products from Preferred Partners throughout your term
- An opportunity to attend Stencil U in Elmsford, New York April 24-26, 2015. 2016 dates TBA.
Your responsibilities as part of the The Crafter’s Workshop Team will be:
- Effective and timely communication.
- A passion for using The Crafter’s Workshop stencils.
- Good project photography skills – clear, properly exposed photos are mandatory.
- 2-3 projects per month consisting of (but not including all every month) blog posts on TCW blog and your personal blog, and Preferred Partner/Blog Hop projects. These dates will be provided to you through our editorial calendar. Tutorials – either video or step-out are always appreciated.
- Keeping your personal blog up to date and hyperlinking The Crafter’s Workshop at every opportunity. Using and hyperlinking Preferred Partners product is also required.
- Active participation in TCW Social Media channels ie Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google + and YouTube involvement. Social Media is big in the industry and we want you to be a part of it!!!
- We encourage submissions to magazines and publications.
- Special projects as per requested for shows, catalogs, promotional items and trade shows.
If you are interested in being a part of a fantastic team, please send the following information in a single email:
- Name, address, daytime/evening phone number and email address.
- Do you consider yourself a ‘niche’ crafter i.e. Do you only create layouts, cards, DIY, mixed media art, home décor, fabric art?
- Short biography.
- Links to any online galleries, blogs, social media channels ie Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and video streams ( YouTube, Ustream, Vimeo)
- List or attached resume of other design teams you are or have previously been on.
- A brief paragraph letting us know why you would like to be a part of the The Crafter’s Workshop Design Team.
- 3-5 examples of your work that will best showcase what you will bring to TCW table. (Layouts, cards, altered art, mixed media, sewing projects, crafts etc.) Make sure to list any special techniques you’ve used with TCW stencils . Please no photos larger than 500kb each.
- Anything else you feel we need to know about you.
Please submit your application to [email protected] by March 25, 2015 with “The Crafter’s Workshop Design Team Application” as the subject. No late submissions will be accepted. New members of The Crafter’s Workshop Design Team will be announced April 6, 2015.