Hi everyone, Heidi here, today I’m on The Crafter’s Workshop blog with a set of masculine birthday cards.
The Crafter’s Workshop provided me with some product to create this project. The opinions I share are solely my own.
Since I’m creating two cards I start my project by die cutting two squire panels from white card stock, each panel is two sizes smaller then my card base. On each panel I apply some ink using the kind of brush you can see in the picture. These brushes make it possible to blend the ink over the panel without harsh lines. For the blue panel I used Distress Ink in “Blueprint Sketch” and for the green panel I used Distress Ink in “Mowed Lawn”. I applied the ink on the bottom part more often then on the top part creating a gradual color shift in the middle.
Next I picked my two The Crafter’s Workshop stencils of choice: for the blue panel I used a TCW stencil called “Twinkle” (TCW2163) and for the green panel I used a TCW stencil called “Bright Stars” (TCW5011). I temporarily adhered the stencil over the card stock and used a darker color blue/green ink and applied the ink over the stencil using the same brushes as before (I designated one brush for blue and one brush for the green ink, so I don’t have to clean them). For the blue ink I choose Distress Ink in “Chipped Sapphire” and for the green ink I choose Memento ink in “Northern Pine”. Like with the background panels I applied the ink more often on the bottom part and less often on the top part, creating another gradual color shift.
Time to work on the rest of my card embellishments: I first die cut two star shapes, one from green and one from blue card stock. I applied some of the green/blue ink over the bottom parts of these stars shapes.
Next I die cut two black banners using the Mama Elephant “Bold Banner” die. Then I stamped the sentiments onto the banner shapes using one sentiment from the Winnie & Walter “The Big, The Bold & Party” stamp set and one from the Crafter’s Companion “Newspaper Collage” stamp set, using VersaMark ink and heat embossing with white embossing powder. This works best when you first use an anti-static powder tool on the paper, so that the embossing powder will only stick to the stamped parts.
I just love how easy it is to create these mould shapes that way!
Next I colored the star shapes using some Alcohol Ink (the specific colors I used are TB8 and YG3 by Spectum Noir). To create a bit more definition I rubbed some Pewter colored metallic wax on top after the alcohol inks had dried.
Time to put my cards together: I die cut a slightly larger green and blue square panel from matching card stock and adhered the two square panels for each card together using liquid glue. This combination I adhered to a white linen textured card base using one millimetre thick foam tape.
Next I adhered the die cut card stock star shape on top using liquid glue, followed by the sentiment banner using one millimetre thick foam tape.
And to finish my cards I only have to adhere the modeling paste star shapes op top using a strong glue.
We would love to see what you create with The Crafter’s Workshop Stencils and Mediums. You can share it with us on our Facebook page, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest using the hashtag #tcwstencillove.
The Crafter’s Workshop Design Team Member