Good day friends! This is Carmen and I’m back with you sharing my latest project, Explore art journal page. This page combines some of my favorite things, vintage maps, butterflies and vibrant colors.
- The Crafter’s Workshop stencil TCW 566 Winged Exploration
- The Crafter’s Workshop stencil TCW574s Mini Mountain View
- Americana Acrylic Paint: baby blue, light avocado, deep periwinkle, midnite blue, graphite, bleached sand
- Americana Glazing Medium
- Americana DecouPage Medium
- Art Journal
- Paint brushes, make up sponge
- Old maps
- Bubble Wrap
- plastic cap or tube
- Tear the map into pieces and adhere them to the art journal page using Americana DecouPage Medium.
2. Paint the page with a mix of baby blue paint and glazing medium to give the page a sheer look. Using The Crafter’s Workshop stencil Mini Mountain View apply light avocado paint with a make up sponge. This will create a distant mountain scene.
3. Apply deep periwinkle and midnite blue acrylic paint on the butterflies of The Crafter’s Workshop stencil Winged Exploration.
4. Graphite acrylic paint is a soft grey/black color and perfect for the compass and words on the Winged Exploration stencil.
5. To add more details, texture and dimension, use bubble wrap with bleached sand acrylic paint and the tube or cap with more of the deep periwinkle and midnite blue. These are simple everyday tools, but add unique details.
I left some of the wording of the map visible on the page, this gives it even more details to look at and find.
The maps in the background round out the theme of travel and exploration of this art journal page. You can also use vintage book pages or even sewing pattern tissue.
Thanks so much for visiting with us today. Make sure you come back again soon and see what the team is up to!
2015 The Crafter’s Workshop Design Team Member