I was listening to a podcast from Tiffany Han recently where she talked about her 10 Success Secrets of the Highly Creative. I loved hearing her view on it and was inspired to make myself some reminders!
- Watercolor paper
- Kraft card stock
- Modeling paste & palette knife
- Inktense pencils
- White gel pen
- Stencils: Screen Print and Impressions
- Sewing machine (you can also just glue the papers together)
- Pop dots
- Motivational sayings (printed or handwritten on white card stock)
- Cut the watercolor paper into 3″ squares
- Apply modeling paste through each of the designs on the stencils – one design per card – and let dry
- Add a wash of watercolor to each card
- When dry, intensify the colors on each card around the raised shapes with Inktense pencils (or just a stronger layer of watercolor)
- Outline all the shapes with the white gel pen.
I cut the Kraft card stock into 4″ squares and used a zig-zag stitch on my sewing machine to attach the colored squares. If you don’t have a sewing machine, you can hand sew the cards together or use glue to adhere them. A fine line black marker can add the stitching marks for you!
My husband designed the scroll labels for me in Photoshop. I printed them on card stock and cut them each out. You can add hand lettered or stamped words if you are not familiar with Photoshop. Make it your own!
Thanks for joining me today!
The Crafter’s Workshop Design Team Member