I was listening to a podcast from Tiffany Han recently where she talked about her 10 Success Secrets of the Highly Creative. I loved hearing her view on it and was inspired to make myself some reminders!
These inspiration cards are just the motivation I need daily to help me continue on my creative journey.
Here is my list of supplies so you can make your own set:
- Watercolor paper
- Kraft card stock
- Modeling paste & palette knife
- Inktense pencils
- White gel pen
- Stencils: Screen Print and Impressions
- Sewing machine (you can also just glue the papers together)
- Pop dots
- Motivational sayings (printed or handwritten on white card stock)
I started with the colored cards using the following steps:
- Cut the watercolor paper into 3″ squares
- Apply modeling paste through each of the designs on the stencils – one design per card – and let dry
- Add a wash of watercolor to each card
- When dry, intensify the colors on each card around the raised shapes with Inktense pencils (or just a stronger layer of watercolor)
- Outline all the shapes with the white gel pen.
I cut the Kraft card stock into 4″ squares and used a zig-zag stitch on my sewing machine to attach the colored squares. If you don’t have a sewing machine, you can hand sew the cards together or use glue to adhere them. A fine line black marker can add the stitching marks for you!
My husband designed the scroll labels for me in Photoshop. I printed them on card stock and cut them each out. You can add hand lettered or stamped words if you are not familiar with Photoshop. Make it your own!
I used pop dots on the back of the scrolls to add more dimension to the inspiration cards.
These would make a great gift for anyone looking for a little motivation on their next big adventure! What’s your next big plan? Would these help give you a little push in the right direction?!
Thanks for joining me today!
The Crafter’s Workshop Design Team Member
5 thoughts on “Inspiration for creatives”
Too cute! Love the different stencils and colors you’ve used!
Thanks so much, Jen!
really like these!!!