Hi everyone! This is Consie here to show you how I layered five different stencils to create a scene on a greeting card.
My best friend is moving to Florida in a couple weeks to live with her boyfriend. They have spent more than a year living in separate states and I wanted to give her a card that reflected how happy I am for them!
- a piece of 8.5×11 white cardstock and bone folder to crease it in half
- Acrylic paints in yellow, olive green, cadmium orange and black
- Makeup sponges
- Sharpie pen
- Signo Uni-ball white gel pen
- Painter’s tape/washi tape
- Stencils: House • TCW 2061; Mini Sunlit Forest • TCW 517S; Mini Life Tidbits • TCW 504S; Mini Word Association • TCW527S; Daisy • TCW2078
The next step was to add in the trees using the Mini Sunlit Forest stencil. I used the House stencil as a mask on top of the forest so that I could fill in the house as I wanted later. I kept the paint near the edges of the forest stencil very light so that I could then extend the stencil design.
I then created some fun doodles in my cute house in the trees with a Sharpie pen. You can freehand the outline of the house if you want (I did) or use the House mask to draw the shape. You have the shape…why not use it!
To personalize this specifically for my friend, I added the words Happy (Mini Word Association stencil) and Together with the figures (Mini Life Tidbits stencil) across the bottom of the card in black.
Thanks for joining me today!
The Crafter’s Workshop Design Team Member