Hi everyone, Sanna here again! It´s not goodbye for me quite yet, since Jaime asked me if I could do a few more posts here at the blog and I´m more than happy to. So we´ll be seeing each other a couple of times during this summer :).
Jaime has already previously shown the layout here:
and I thought I´d share a step-by-step how I created that background. So I´m using the same technique on the following card and layout.
1. I used the “Chevron” stencil with a My Mind´s Eye stamp set and Hero Arts shadow inks. You will also need a black pen, some masking tape, a card base and an acrylic block for stamping.
2. First I placed the stencil over the card and adhered it to my working surface with masking tape. This way it will not move around during stamping.
3. I chose the little round number stamps from the set for stamping, since they perfectly fit into the free areas and create a nice pattern. Starting with the lightest color I randomly stamped through the stencil. After that I just repeated the procedure with another number stamp and ink color until all areas I wanted to cover were covered.
4. Next I outlined the stamped areas with a black pen for contrast. I love to use black as a contrast color in my projects.
5. After that I just decorated the card and added a stamped sentiment.
The following layout was created exactly the same way, I just used the “Sunburst” stencil and different colors on it.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and will try this idea out on your projects! See you soon!!
Happy stenciling :),
28 thoughts on “Stamping thru stencils with Sanna”
Love this idea…thanks for sharing!
This sure turned me on. so neat. I have some sheets some where’s I will have to find them and try this out.
Very cool and different-thanks for the idea!
Thank you for sharing this technique. This is truly inspiring and I can’t wait to try it. Love your work. xoxo
I really like your card and layout, they caught my eye in the twopeas gallery. This will be a fun technique to play with.
Another couple of STUNNING creations…simple, but so, so effective…thanks soooo much for sharing, Sanna…course now I just ‘have’ to have that chevron mask…it’s YUMMY!!!!!!!!!:):):)
Sanna I love this idea and it look so fabulous, I have too try it. Thanks for sharing.
wow, what a great tutorial and unique idea, so lovin it
What a fabulous idea! Love what you have done. Thank-you for the inspiration!
I absolute LOVE this idea, the card & your layouts Sanna – ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM!!!!
This is so clever and inventive! I need to try this myself!
Great tutorial. I’m into stamps at the moment so can’t wait to give this a go.
Sanna this is a wonderful tutorial… thank you so much for sharing 😀 love the effect it gives.
As always another great tutorial, very clever!! Thanks for sharing!
great tutorial, Sanna! and wonderful projects!
Love this idea!!! Lo is briliant!!!
This is a fabulous idea, looks great…thank you so much for sharing!!!
wow i love these if only I was that good….LOL
what Chevron stencil is that?
GRACIAS POR COMPARTIR AQUI DE ARGENTINA UN ABRAZO
Love your card and layout, might give this a try
Like the instructions easy and understandable!
What a great idea, thank your for the lovely tutorial Sanna.
So cool 🙂
Thank you for sharing this idea ♥
Thank you for the cool tutorial.
Great layouts and tutorial. Thanks for sharing.
I love this idea can’t wait to try it. Thank you for sharing