Hi everyone, Sanna here again! It´s not goodbye for me quite yet, since Jaime asked me if I could do a few more posts here at the blog and I´m more than happy to. So we´ll be seeing each other a couple of times during this summer .
Jaime has already previously shown the layout here:
and I thought I´d share a step-by-step how I created that background. So I´m using the same technique on the following card and layout.
1. I used the “Chevron” stencil with a My Mind´s Eye stamp set and Hero Arts shadow inks. You will also need a black pen, some masking tape, a card base and an acrylic block for stamping.
2. First I placed the stencil over the card and adhered it to my working surface with masking tape. This way it will not move around during stamping.
3. I chose the little round number stamps from the set for stamping, since they perfectly fit into the free areas and create a nice pattern. Starting with the lightest color I randomly stamped through the stencil. After that I just repeated the procedure with another number stamp and ink color until all areas I wanted to cover were covered.
4. Next I outlined the stamped areas with a black pen for contrast. I love to use black as a contrast color in my projects.
5. After that I just decorated the card and added a stamped sentiment.
The following layout was created exactly the same way, I just used the “Sunburst” stencil and different colors on it.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and will try this idea out on your projects! See you soon!!
Martha Richardson has been a longtime groupie of ours. So I was so happy to find her blog post showing how she creates papers that she later uses in her layouts and projects. Here is a photos of some of her background papers just waiting to be cut by her Vagabond and Sizzix dies.
Click here to read more about her process and see some creations!!
Have a very Merry Christmas from the TCW elves and I. Enjoy.